Sunday, January 31, 2010

Today was very interesting to say the least. It started out with skipping breakfast which I know is a big no-no in WW, but I didn't have time for it. I went to start working on my two online college classes and their assignments and realized that I missed the deadline for my business course, which means an automatic zero and I don't know how to submit work for my accounting class. Not a good start to the semester. So, I did what I do best and had a complete breakdown crying and thinking I will never be able to do this - any of this.

I decided I had to clear my head and get out of the house, so I made the grocery list and went shopping. I went through the slow cooker cookbook I picked up on Friday at WW and picked recipes for the week. When I went to the store I realized something surprising - I am saving money by being on WW. Tom said it is because I am "shopping with a purpose" instead of randomly putting items in a cart thinking I will figure out later what to make. Also, we aren't calling out anymore for take out, so that saves a bundle. Anyone who says it costs too much to eat healthy, I dare you to do it and then see what I saw.

I am also finding that every WW recipe we have made is wonderful. I have yet to try one I haven't liked. Tonight we made a Turkey Curry. Not only did I love it, but so did the kids, Tom and mom. It was great. We are expanding what we eat. It's really interesting to try all these new recipes. Last night we had Polish, tonight Indian and tomorrow Mexican. It's so cool and completely not boring. I am enjoying cooking again as well. I hated cooking for so long, but now I really love it, especially when I see how much everyone likes what I've made.

So, now I am going to try again to complete the assignments for accounting so they are on time and I will just have to buckle down and work even harder to make all my assignments be perfect for Business to make up for this week of zeros.

I can do this - breakdowns or not. I'm sure I will have more, but I will do what I always do - pick myself up, brush myself off and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment