Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mirrors

Mirrors are interesting things. There is no hiding from what they show. When you look it the mirror, it is all right there - good or bad. I hate looking in the mirror. My mirror shows fat everywhere. I can cover up to some extent with clothes and think I'm fooling people, but numbers and mirrors don't lie. I know what I look like naked - and it's not good. I want to like what I see, but it's more than physical. Looking into a mirror of yourself can give you an incredible sense of self. I know what I don't like about myself and I want to change that as well.

Since I am embarking on this weight loss I figure that it is a good time to change some things about myself as well. I want things to be better. There are many little things that people can do to change who they are. I don't agree when people say that people never change. Of course they do! It's a concious decision that is made, but change can't come overnight. Just like weight loss, it is a journal in small steps to become a better person. You can change your thinking. You can change who you are if you really want to. And I want to.

So, along with weight loss goals, I am setting personal goals as well. My first goal - looking better and taking better care of my physical self. Wear makeup every day. Use all those skin care products that I have stuffed into my medicine cabinet. I put on makeup at work yesterday and people kept telling me how pretty I looked. It was a good feeling. When I looked in the mirror, I liked what I saw. I've worn makeup before, but I've gotten so lazy about it, that it doesn't even occur to me that I should do it anymore.

So, along with my 5% weight loss goal is this new goal - take care of myself and get into a regimen every day so it becomes second nature.

I want to like mirrors and stop dodging them. I want to like mirrors and I want to smile when I look in a mirror - I've never done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment